Summary: A vision statement for PSHE education for 2016.
Description: This vision statement for PSHE education is offered to promote discussion, for example as the focus of a workshop activity. It takes as a given that PSHE education is operating within a curriculum that is committed to the three statutory outcomes of:
• Successful learners
• Confident individuals
• Responsible citizens.
This vision has been produced through consultation with a variety of organisations and PSHE education Coordinators from 40 schools, however it is intended only to begin the process of building a clear consensus of the aspirations we as members of the PSHE education community have for the future of our subject.
We hope that the sharing of this document will encourage colleagues:
• To challenge it, (because it is not suggested as a ‘truth’)
• To unpick what the different words might mean in their individual context
• To add to it or refine it.
This vision statement has at least two purposes:
• To create a ‘direction of travel’ for those of us who sign up to it, posing the question ‘what must become true if we are to realise our collective vision?’
• To share with wider audiences an understanding of our collective aspirations for PSHE education.