Attending this workshop will deepen your understanding of:
- The ISI inspection process, with an opportunity to hear from an ISI inspector
- The implications of the inspection framework for PSHE leads and teachers in prep and senior schools
- The new statutory requirements for all independent schools to teach relationships education (key stages 1 and 2) and relationships and sex education (RSE) (key stages 3 and 4) from September 2020
- The unique contribution PSHE education including relationships education/RSE can make to the school's evidence, especially in safeguarding, SMSC, personal development, safety and welfare
- How PSHE education leads can ensure their schemes of work are “effectively implemented” in line with the regulatory standards
- Best practice in PSHE education teaching and learning, including assessment
All delegates will receive a USB stick packed with useful materials, and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. This course will be facilitated by one of our Subject Specialists with additional input from an experienced ISI inspector. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
What past delegates have said:
“A really useful and enjoyable day - the mixed focus of inspection and general good practice in PSHE was much appreciated”
“As a new teacher the ISI inspection detail was extremely clear and strengthened my understanding”
“Fantastic coverage of planning for ISI, planning lessons and assessments. Good ideas for lessons and very useful advice."
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £295. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£120 for organisational; £45 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
241 Borough High Street
London, SE1 1GA
|ISI CPD- 23 Jan 20||£ 295.00|
|Organisation (£125), all staff||£ 125.00|
|Individual (£50), one person||£ 50.00|
|Concessionary (£20), NQT, student or TA||£ 20.00|