The workshop will help you to critically examine the important role of PSHE, how it’s organised in schools and what it comprises, as well as how we can ensure that we’re delivering lessons that are practical, relevant and engaging for our learners. We’ll consider best practice for planning, teaching and assessing PSHE – and how best to approach teaching those topics you feel less confident about. There will also be plenty of opportunity to share ideas with others in a similar position and to get individual advice and support.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Gain a full and thorough understanding of PSHE education as a subject and why it is important
- Understand what constitutes effective teaching and learning in PSHE education
- Plan PSHE lessons that will engage and motivate learners of all abilities
- Effectively assess the impact of your PSHE lessons
- Increase your confidence in teaching more difficult topics
All delegates will receive a USB stick full of materials and resources and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
7-14 Great Dover Street
London, London SE1 4YR
|Understanding PSHE CPD - 19 Mar 20||£ 265.00|
|Organisation (£125), all staff||£ 125.00|
|Individual (£50), one person||£ 50.00|
|Concessionary (£20), NQT, student or TA||£ 20.00|