Teaching about mental health and emotional wellbeing as part of a developmental PSHE education curriculum can play a vital role in safeguarding pupil. It also promotes pupils’ wellbeing through the development of healthy coping strategies and an understanding of their own emotions as well as those of other people.
This one-day workshop for secondary PSHE coordinators will support you in developing the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to teach this crucial but challenging aspect of the PSHE education curriculum safely and effectively. You will also receive a USB stick full of useful materials and resources.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the role of PSHE education within a whole school approach to promoting mental and emotional wellbeing
- Increase your confidence in teaching about and promoting mental health and emotional wellbeing within PSHE education
- Develop and deliver age and stage appropriate lessons on a range of mental health issues such as managing strong feelings and stress, eating disorders and self- harm
- Develop skills and strategies for keeping vulnerable pupils safe
- Explore a range of resources and activities you could use at school including DfE approved lesson plans
100% of delegates who have attended this course so far in 2017 rated it as either excellent or very good.
Previous delegates told us:
“Best course I’ve had for years! Thanks”
"Incredibly well-informed course leader”
"I understand the subject so much more and have so many ideas”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £245. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
|Secondary Mental Health CPD- 13 Dec 17||£ 245.00|
|Organisation (£120), all staff||£ 120.00|
|Individual (£45), one person||£ 45.00|
|Concessionary (£15), NQT, student or TA||£ 15.00|