Many of our guidance documents, podcasts and articles on our coronavirus support hub here are free to download by everyone but lesson materials and planning tools are generally exclusively available to PSHE Association members. We make this distinction as we are an independent, non-profit membership organisation and membership fees are what allow us to carry on producing resources, guidance, training and one-to-one support, and campaign nationally on your behalf.
We work very hard to ensure PSHE Association membership represents great value for money and very much appreciate all of you who are part of our growing national community. Member schools are, however, allowed and encouraged to share member-only home-learning resources with their pupils and their parents to support PSHE education at home during this time (though by email or secure portal rather than uploading with open access on the school website).
NEW Home learning lessons for primary and secondary pupils who are transitioning to the next stage of their education and lives. These lessons help pupils to:
- Identify feelings about moving to the next key stage.
- Explore the impact of school closures on transition.
- Describe the changes that can occur as they move to the next key stage.
- Assess the challenges of transition and strategies to manage these.
- Identify sources of support.
KS3 & 4 home learning lesson on personal values and career choices, helping students to:
- explore their values and how these relate to planning career pathways.
- set goals based on their personal values.
- identify organisations for employment that align with personal values.
Two home learning lessons for primary (KS1&2), exploring different influences on decision making and helping pupils to:
- recognise situations which involve making a decision or giving an opinion.
- consider how decision-making may be influenced both positively and negatively.
- understand how influences on decisions and opinions may change depending on the situation.
Two home learning lessons for primary (KS1&2), encouraging pupils to reflect on special people in their own lives and helping them to:
- recognise the different ways family and friends care for each other.
- consider how they can maintain relationships with their special people if/when they can’t be physically together.
- manage relationships positively in times of change.
KS3 & 4 home learning lesson on sharing information safely online, helping pupils to:
- describe what information should be kept private and what is safe to share online.
- explain the risks of sharing personal information online.
- analyse different strategies to ensure online safety.
Primary and secondary home learning lesson packs exploring different strategies pupils can use to help them manage their mental health and emotional wellbeing both during this challenging period and beyond.
The PowerPoints and accompanying resources are optimised for home learning and provide regular opportunities for young people to reflect on what they have learnt.
Home learning lessons for KS1-3 exploring the importance of dental health and oral hygiene, and helping to:
- raise awareness of the impact of good oral hygiene and dental health behaviours.
- equip young people with the skills and strategies they need to care for their own dental health.
These home learning lessons on healthy sleep habits will help pupils to:
- recognise what good quality sleep is and what the benefits of it are.
- understand the importance of routines for promoting good quality sleep.
- understand how sleep patterns change and how challenges in getting good quality sleep can be overcome.
With growing technological developments surrounding film and video content, young people are increasingly required to manage their own viewing habits — especially at the moment.
These FREE BBFC resources for Year 5-6 (aged 9-11) helps pupils understand how age ratings can support safer choices around the media they consume.