Effective PSHE in Special Education Provision, Leeds, 11 December 2018Back to events listing
During this one day workshop we explore PSHE education through the lens of those teaching pupils with special educational needs
Who should attend:
PSHE leads and teachers working with learners with special educational needs in any setting.
The knowledge, skills and attributes developed through effective provision of PSHE are key to enabling pupils with special needs to access the broader curriculum, keep themselves safe and in preparing them for life and work. However, making the PSHE curriculum meaningful and accessible to pupils with SEND can pose a challenge. During this one day workshop we explore PSHE education through the lens of those teaching pupils with special educational needs. This includes a critical look at a range of teaching and learning strategies and available resources to ensure that we provide effective PSHE for these learners.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Understand how to effectively plan, teach and assess PSHE education
- Interpret PSHE best practice for use within a variety of SEND contexts
- Overcome key barriers to effective PSHE provision when working with pupils with SEND
- Develop teaching strategies and access resources which ensure high quality provision
All delegates attending get to take a memory stick of useful resources back to their school and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet other teachers. Lunch and morning refreshments are provided.
100% of people who have attended this course so far in 2018 thought it was either excellent or very good.
A previous delegate told us:
“It is so good to have a course that is meaningful and relevant for special schools”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £265. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£120 for organisational; £45 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
Working in partnership with our NASEN colleagues, all delegates who book on our SEND CPD workshops will receive a 10% reduction on NASEN membership. Please ensure that you indicate that you are a member of the PSHE Association in order to avail of this unique offer when making your application to join NASEN.