Effective PSHE in Special Education Provision, London, 1 February 2017Back to events listing
The knowledge, skills and attributes developed through effective provision of PSHE are key to enabling pupils with special needs to access the broader curriculum, keep themselves safe and in preparing them for life and work. However, making the PSHE curriculum meaningful and accessible to pupils with SEND can pose a challenge.
During this one day workshop we explore PSHE education through the lens of those teaching pupils with special educational needs. This includes a critical look at a range of teaching and learning strategies and available resources to ensure that we provide effective PSHE for these learners.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Understand how to effectively plan, teach and assess PSHE education
- Interpret PSHE best practice for use within a variety of SEND contexts
- Overcome key barriers to effective PSHE provision when working with pupils with SEND
- Develop teaching strategies and access resources which ensure high quality provision
Who should attend?
PSHE leads and teachers working with learners with special educational needs in any setting.
All delegates attending get to take a memory stick of useful resources back to their school and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet other teachers. Lunch and morning refreshments are provided.
100% of people who attended this course in 2016 thought it was always excellent, very good or good.
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £245. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
Delegates that have attended this course said that:
“It is so good to have a course that is meaningful and relevant for special schools”
"All courses should be like this!"
"I feel much more equipped for planning and delivering a PSHE curriculum”
“It has been one of the most useful training sessions I've ever been on”