Get Ready for ISI! Preparing your PSHE education for independent schools inspection, London, 05/05/2020Back to events listing
This course covers the ISI inspection process as it relates to PSHE and the new compulsory requirements for relationships and sex education, with an opportunity to hear from an ISI inspector.
Who should attend:
PSHE practitioners based in independent schools (prep and senior schools)
This course will help you to develop high quality PSHE education provision in your school that effectively integrates new statutory requirements for relationships education/relationships and sex education (RSE). This will contribute to whole school improvement ahead of ISI inspections. Attending this workshop will deepen your understanding of:
- The ISI inspection process, with an opportunity to hear from an ISI inspector
- The implications of the inspection framework for PSHE leads and teachers in prep and senior schools
- The new statutory requirements for all independent schools to teach relationships education (key stages 1 and 2) and relationships and sex education (RSE) (key stages 3 and 4) from September 2020
- The unique contribution PSHE education including relationships education/RSE can make to the school's evidence, especially in safeguarding, SMSC, personal development, safety and welfare
- How PSHE education leads can ensure their schemes of work are “effectively implemented” in line with the regulatory standards
- Best practice in PSHE education teaching and learning, including assessment
All delegates will receive access to a folder full of useful materials and resources, and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. This course will be facilitated by one of our Subject Specialists with additional input from an experienced ISI inspector. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Over 95% of delegates who have attended this course so far in 2020 have rated it as excellent or very good.
A previous delegates told us:
“ A really useful and enjoyable day - the mixed focus of inspection and general good practice in PSHE was much appreciated”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £295. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy