Get Ready for ISI! Preparing your PSHE education for independent schools inspection, London, 26th April 2017Back to events listing
This course will help you to develop high quality PSHE education provision in your school which will contribute to whole school improvement ahead of ISI inspections.
Attending this workshop will deepen your understanding of:
- The ISI inspection process, with an opportunity to hear from an ISI inspector
- The implications of the inspection framework for PSHE leads and teachers in prep and senior schools
- The unique contribution PSHE education can make to the school's evidence, especially in safeguarding, SMSC, personal development, safety and welfare
- How PSHE education leads can ensure their schemes of work are “effectively implemented” in line with the regulatory standards
- Best practice in PSHE education teaching and learning, including assessment
All delegates will receive a USB stick packed with useful materials, and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. This course will be facilitated by one of our Subject Specialists with additional input from an experienced ISI inspector. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
In 2016 98% of delegates rated this course as excellent or very good.
What past delegates have said:
“A really useful and enjoyable day - the mixed focus of inspection and general good practice in PSHE was much appreciated”
“As a new teacher the ISI inspection detail was extremely clear and strengthened my understanding”
“Fantastic coverage of planning for ISI, planning lessons and assessments. Good ideas for lessons and very useful advice."
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £280. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.