Get Ready for Ofsted (key stages 1- 4), London, 19 January 2017Back to events listing
This course is now fully booked, please contact us to be added to a reserve list
Following the release of the 2015 Ofsted framework, which has many implications for PSHE education and for PSHE Leads, the PSHE Association will be running our highly popular ‘Get Ready for Ofsted’ course.
Come along to this one-day CPD workshop and you will leave with a deeper understanding of:
- The new common inspection framework and its implications for PSHE education
- The unique contribution PSHE education can make to safeguarding and the school's evidence in the key judgements, especially the new judgement of ‘Personal development, behaviour and welfare’;
- best practice in PSHE education teaching and learning, including assessment and how best to gather and present evidence of pupils’ learning and progress;
- how PSHE education leads and teachers can ensure their programme and schemes of work are 'Ofsted-ready';
All delegates will receive a USB stick packed with useful materials, and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. This course will be facilitated by one of our Subject Specialists, with additional input from an experienced Ofsted inspector. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Who should attend?
PSHE leads and teachers in schools inspected by Ofsted (including independent schools inspected by Ofsted rather than ISI). Please note the PSHE Association also runs the ‘Get Ready for ISI! Preparing your school's PSHE education for independent schools inspection’ training course.
100% of delegates who attended this course in 2016 thought it was either excellent or very good.
Previous delegates have commented that;
"The day was superb- I now feel knowledgeable about what is required when Ofsted arrive."
"Expertly planned, sensitively delivered, infinitely useful!"
"Excellent. Lots of very useful information and resources that I can use in school – very practical. In particular strategies for monitoring and self-evaluation were very effective."
"Great leader, motivating and enthusiastic. Good practical ideas!"-
“I am giving a presentation to school governors on Monday and this has given me a wealth of ideas for the session!”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £280. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.