Get Ready for Ofsted (key stages 1- 4), London, 26 September 2017Back to events listing
Following the release of the 2015 Ofsted framework, which has many implications for PSHE education and for PSHE Leads, the PSHE Association will be running our highly popular ‘Get Ready for Ofsted’ course.
Come along to this one-day CPD workshop and you will leave with a deeper understanding of:
- The new common inspection framework and its implications for PSHE education
- The unique contribution PSHE education can make to safeguarding and the school's evidence in the key judgements, especially the new judgement of ‘Personal development, behaviour and welfare’;
- best practice in PSHE education teaching and learning, including assessment and how best to gather and present evidence of pupils’ learning and progress;
- how PSHE education leads and teachers can ensure their programme and schemes of work are 'Ofsted-ready';
All delegates will receive a USB stick packed with useful materials, and have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and meet others in the same boat. This course will be facilitated by one of our Subject Specialists, with additional input from an experienced Ofsted inspector. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Who should attend?
PSHE leads and teachers in schools inspected by Ofsted (including independent schools inspected by Ofsted rather than ISI). Please note the PSHE Association also runs the ‘Get Ready for ISI! Preparing your school's PSHE education for independent schools inspection’ training course.
100% of delegates who have attended this course in 2016/2017 thought it was either excellent or very good.
Previous delegates have commented that;
“I feel much more confident now!”
“I am new to teaching secondary age children and it has been so valuable to hear examples of activities that work and what I need to put together to ensure I provide a good level of PSHE”
“A range of activities and very experienced, knowledgeable facilitators”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £280. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.