Get ready for statutory health education! (Covering mental & physical health in PSHE) – KS3&4, London, 07/11/2019Back to events listing
This course is now fully booked. Please contact us to be added to a reserve list.
This course for secondary PSHE leads will support you in developing the skills, knowledge and understanding to meet new statutory Health Education requirements within your PSHE curriculum, including teaching about mental health safely and effectively.
Who should attend:
PSHE leads who are based in a secondary school or equivalent setting.
Teaching about health and wellbeing is an integral part of a developmental PSHE education curriculum and contributes to safeguarding pupils.
The Health Education aspect of PSHE education will also be compulsory along with Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools from 2020, and schools are encouraged to begin preparing now. This one-day training workshop will help you to evaluate your current health education provision in preparation for the new statutory requirements and guidance, with a particular focus on teaching about mental health and emotional wellbeing.
We will support you in developing the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to teach this crucial but challenging aspect of the PSHE education curriculum safely and effectively. You will also receive a USB stick packed full of useful materials and resources.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the importance of integrating health and wellbeing into a wider PSHE curriculum
- Increase your confidence in teaching about and promoting mental health and emotional wellbeing within PSHE education
- Develop and deliver age and stage appropriate lessons on a range of mental health issues such as managing strong feelings and stress
- Explore a range of resources and activities you could use at school including our DfE funded mental health guidance and lesson plans.
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £265. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy