Online CPD: Effective PSHE in Special Education Provision, 11/09/2020Back to events listing
This online course will explore PSHE education through the lens of those teaching pupils with special educational needs.
Effective PSHE education can enable pupils with special needs to access the broader curriculum, keep themselves safe and prepare them for life and work. This online course explores PSHE education through a special educational needs lens, critically analysing a range of teaching and learning strategies and available resources. It will introduce delegates to the newly updated Planning Framework for pupils with SEND, which has been developed in line with the Programme of Study 2020 and statutory guidance on relationships, sex and health education.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- Three hours of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- A wealth of useful ideas, resources and materials to support design and delivery of PSHE for pupils with special education needs and disabilities, in both mainstream and special school settings
- A one-hour group follow-up session at a later date to review progress and ask burning questions that arise
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £195. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£195) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conference and webinar series.