Online CPD: Planning your primary PSHE programme - KS1&2, 09/07/2020Back to events listing
This online course will support you to review and develop your school curriculum for key stages 1 and 2, including statutory requirements for Relationships and Health education
Who should attend:
PSHE leads and teachers working in the primary phase or equivalent. This course is anyone planning units of learning for PSHE education.
Having a structured programme of PSHE education is essential for successful teaching and learning of this important school subject. This interactive online course will introduce the PSHE Association tools for whole school planning and support you to build your school curriculum so that it works for your school.
You will explore how to develop sequential units of work that gradually build and expand pupils’ knowledge and skills. We will also cover how to develop interesting and engaging lessons that adhere to PSHE pedagogy/best practice and include effective assessment techniques.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- Three hours of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- A wealth of useful ideas, resources and materials to support design and delivery of PSHE education – including statutory Relationships Education and Health Education elements
- A one-hour group follow-up session at a later date to review progress and ask burning questions that arise
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £195. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£195) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conference and webinar series.