Online CPD: Preparing for statutory RSE within secondary PSHE - KS3&4, 07/07/2020Back to events listing
This course is now fully booked but is running again on the 14th July 2020.
This online course will focus on safe and effective planning, delivery and assessment of relationships and sex education as part of the PSHE curriculum.
Who should attend:
PSHE leads and coordinators and teachers working in the secondary phase or equivalent.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) will be a statutory requirement in all secondary schools from September 2020. This interactive online course will support you and your school to plan and deliver high quality RSE within the context of a broader PSHE education curriculum. This course will explore areas such as best practice principles for planning, teaching and assessing high quality, inclusive RSE; the interrelationship between RSE, Health Education and broader PSHE; policy writing; and parental engagement.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- Three hours of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- A wealth of useful ideas, resources and materials to support design and delivery of RSE in your school.
- A one-hour group follow-up session at a later date to review progress and ask burning questions that arise
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £195. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£195) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conference and webinar series.