Online CPD: Preparing for statutory RSE within primary PSHE – KS1&2, 15/07/2020Back to events listing
This online course will focus on safe and effective planning, delivery and assessment of Relationships Education as part of the PSHE curriculum.
Who should attend:
PSHE leads and teachers working in the primary phase or equivalent.
Teaching about relationships and sex is an integral part of the PSHE education curriculum and contributes to safeguarding pupils. Relationships Education will also be a statutory requirement in key stages 1 and 2 from September 2020.
This interactive online course will support you and your school to plan and deliver high quality RSE within the context of a broader PSHE education curriculum. It will also help you to evaluate your current Relationships Education provision in preparation for the new statutory requirements.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- Three hours of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- A wealth of useful ideas, resources and materials to support design and delivery of Relationships (and sex) Education in your school
- A one-hour group follow-up session at a later date to review progress and ask burning questions that arise
The course will explore areas such as best practice principles for policy writing and parental engagement; planning, teaching and assessing high quality, inclusive Relationships (and sex) Education; importance of Relationships (and sex) Education for safeguarding; and the interrelationship between Relationships Education, Health Education and broader PSHE.
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £195. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£195) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conference and webinar series.