PSHE and life online: building online safety and skills – KS3&4, London, 12/03/2020Back to events listing
This course will equip you with practical tips, guidance and resources to effectively integrate online safety into your PSHE programme.
Who should attend?
PSHE leads and coordinators in a secondary school or equivalent setting.
Our new one-day CPD training course for secondary PSHE leads will explore how to integrate vital issues raised by online technology – including safety, relationships, privacy, mental health, digital literacy and rights – into your PSHE programme. You will come away with practical solutions and useful materials to review, plan and implement your PSHE education curriculum in a way that effectively safeguards and supports pupils when they go online.
Delegates will gain:
- understanding of how PSHE education can develop resilience to the risks young people face online.
- practical approaches and classroom materials to explore online issues with young people.
- understanding of how to integrate the underpinning digital skills young people need to thrive online into PSHE schemes of work.
- increased confidence in effectively mapping and planning curriculum provision across key stages.
- ideas for evidencing your school’s work on online safety, digital literacy and resilience
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £265. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy