PSHE Association Annual Conference 2016 (London): PSHE education for the 21st CenturyBack to events listing
To view information about our latest conferences and courses please visit our website.
This conference will explore what 21st Century PSHE education should look like, how it can support pupils’ safety, wellbeing and success in a changing world and how PSHE contributes to Ofsted and Independent Schools Inspectorate frameworks.
This event is for PSHE Association members only. Non-members can apply for membership when booking a conference place. If you are currently a member, make sure you are logged in before completing the booking form.
Based on feedback from members on the most pressing issues you are facing, the conference will explore how PSHE education can help to address areas such as:
- Online safety and wellbeing in a digital world
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing, including self-harm and eating disorders
- Extremism and radicalisation
- The impact of pornography and sexting
- Female genital mutilation
- Forced marriage and honour based violence
- Maximising PSHE education’s contribution to success in Ofsted and ISI inspections
We also know that in a changing world, PSHE education must help pupils to develop the knowledge, skills, attributes and attitudes they need to thrive so key themes we will cover include building resilience, character education and British values.
You will be asked on the booking form to list the themes of greatest interest to you and we will design the format of the day based on feedback we receive, with the event providing a useful mix of practical guidance and an overview of PSHE education policy on a national level.
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £250. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£100 for organisational; £35 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.