Understanding PSHE (Key stages 1-4), London, 26 September 2018Back to events listing
This course will equip you with practical tips, guidance and resources to understand the place of PSHE in the school’s curriculum.
Who should attend:
PSHE teachers and others involved with or interested in the subject
A comprehensive introduction to PSHE education for teachers and others involved in PSHE education in schools, designed to build skills and boost confidence.
The workshop will help you to critically examine the important role of PSHE, how it’s organised in schools and what it comprises, as well as how we can ensure that we’re delivering lessons that are practical, relevant and engaging for our learners. We’ll consider best practice for planning, teaching and assessing PSHE – and how best to approach teaching those topics you feel less confident about. There will also be plenty of opportunity to share ideas with others in a similar position and to get individual advice and support.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Gain a full and thorough understanding of PSHE education as a subject and why it is important
- Understand what constitutes effective teaching and learning in PSHE education
- Plan PSHE lessons that will engage and motivate learners of all abilities
- Effectively assess the impact of your PSHE lessons
- Increase your confidence in teaching more difficult topics
93% of delegates who attended this course in 2017 thought it was either excellent or very good.
A previous delegate told us:
“Excellent subject knowledge and confident delivery which promoted confidence in ‘learners’”
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £265. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by calling us on 020 7922 7950 instead.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£120 for organisational; £45 for individuals) and the event at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy