Jigsaw PSHE is a comprehensive primary PSHE Scheme of Work for Years F1 and 2 to Year 6 (ages 3-11). The scheme of work provides a structured and developmental PSHE programme focused on building emotional literacy and social skills within a whole-school approach.
Jigsaw, is a primary Scheme of Work for PSHE education, including 288 lesson plans and supporting teaching materials. The whole school engages in one theme at a time across all year groups, with 6 themes over the course of a year, one per half term. Each unit is launched with an assembly and each Puzzle works towards a whole school piece of work each term.
- The teaching strategies outlined are varied and are mindful of preferred learning styles and the need for differentiation. All teaching resources - such as Powerpoint presentations, interactive games and activities are provided.
- The included ‘Jigsaw friends’ characters are unique to each year group and integral to each lesson. They are valuable teaching aides, especially for issues some pupils may consider sensitive.
- The Scheme of Work also focuses on developing mindfulness techniques and enhancing pupils’ learning and personal development, therefore supporting the self- regulation of emotion, building of emotional resilience and enhancement of pupil focus and concentration, while building the capacity to learn.
The PSHE Association’s Subject Lead Karen Summers says;
“This is a really comprehensive resource. It links emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development alongside an integrated mindfulness approach in order to support pupils’ learning in PSHE.
Members will especially appreciate:
- planning has already been done for them and links well with SEAL themes and plans
- the comprehensive nature of the resources will save a great deal of preparation time
- the attainment descriptors provide a benchmark for teachers to evidence pupil progress as well as continuity and progression across the PSHE curriculum,
- how the resource sits well within a creative curriculum, especially for schools using Philosophy for Children communities of enquiry or following a growth mind set approach to enrich pupils’ learning."
How to get the resource:
Schools purchasing Jigsaw PSHE have the option of either buying the ‘Jigsaw PSHE Whole School Set’ or buying sets of materials for individual year groups.
or contact: Jan Lever- email@example.com
Date uploaded: 26 May 2016
BECOME A PSHE ASSOCIATION MEMBER
QUALITY RESOURCES, EXPERT ADVICE,
A COMMUNITY OF PSHE PROFESSIONALS,
TRAINING YOU CAN TRUST.