Bookings now open for the PSHE Association Annual Conference 2016: PSHE education for the 21st Century
We are delighted to launch our Annual Conference events in London on June 16th and Leeds on June 23rd, with a theme this year which explores what 21st Century PSHE education should look like, how it can support pupils’ safety, wellbeing and success and how it contributes to Ofsted and Independent Schools Inspectorate frameworks.
Based on feedback from members on the most pressing issues you are facing, the conference will explore how PSHE education can help to address areas such as:
- Online safety and wellbeing in a digital world
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing, including self-harm and eating disorders
- Extremism and radicalisation
- The impact of pornography and sexting
- Female genital mutilation
- Forced marriage and honour based violence
- Maximising PSHE education’s contribution to success in Ofsted and ISI inspections
We also know that in a changing world, PSHE education must help pupils to develop the knowledge, skills, attributes and attitudes they need to thrive so key themes we will cover include building resilience, character education and British values.
You will be asked on the booking form to list the themes of greatest interest to you and we will design the format of the day based on feedback we receive, with the event providing a useful mix of practical guidance and an overview of PSHE education policy on a national level.