Online CPD: Effective PSHE education in Special Education Provision - Cross-phase, 02/02/2021Back to events listing
This online course explores, through a special educational needs and disability (SEND) lens, the principles of best practice for effectively planning, teaching and assessing PSHE education, including the statutory requirements for relationships, sex and health education.
Effective PSHE education can enable pupils with special needs to access the broader curriculum, help to keep themselves safe and prepare them for life and work. The course will critically analyse the importance of PSHE education for learners with SEND and consider strategies for delivery. Time will be given for how the Planning framework for pupils with SEND can be used and adapted and case studies will be shared. Signposting to dedicated SEND resources will also be included in the session.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- Three hours of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- A wealth of useful ideas, resources and materials to support design and delivery of PSHE for pupils with special education needs and disabilities, in both mainstream and special school settings
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £195. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£195) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conference and webinar series.