Terms and condition of use for this website and membership
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern the use of this website and membership.
Your use of this site
Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of the site. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Modification of the terms and conditions
The PSHE Association reserves the right to change the terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
Copyright in the material (including information, downloadable resources, images, logos, photos, and overall appearance of the site) is owned by the PSHE Association. Commercial use or publication of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of PSHE Association or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited, except for your own personal or non-commercial use.
Some photographs of children and young people in this site may be of models, otherwise permissions of use will have been requested from parents/ guardians.
Links to other websites
The PSHE Association is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from the PSHE Association website, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Any site wanting to create a link to the PSHE Association website, or to request a link to be created to them, should contact us.
Limitation of liability
The PSHE Association does not accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site. The PSHE Association does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Use of this website and the information is entirely at the user's sole risk. In no event will PSHE Association be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this website. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this website is to stop using the site and the information.
Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of content, no responsibility can be taken for any error or omission; anything deemed inaccurate can be brought to the PSHE Association’s attention by contacting us.
Comments or complaints
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
PSHE Association is a registered charity, no 1127056 and company limited by guarantee, no 6551975 . Registered Office: CAN Mezzanine, 32-36 Loman Street, London SE1 0EH
Terms of membership
- By applying for membership you agree not to distribute PSHE Association member only resources to non- members for any purpose, unless you have our explicit permission.
- Members with organisational membership are not permitted to invite others to join their own membership unless they are directly employed by the organisation. For example, a local authority or academy chain that signs up for organisational membership would be entitled to invite direct employees but not employees of schools under their control, though we do offer very favourable rates for LAs and academy chains that wish to sign all of their schools up for membership - please contact us to find out more.
- Those signing up to full PSHE membership have a right to cancel this membership within seven days of the contract with PSHE Association, or seven days of receipt of the membership details (whichever is the longer). If a member cancels their order, they will have their payment returned by contacting us to request a refund.
- Membership of the PSHE Association does not represent an endorsement or accreditation of the applicant or their organisation. Members must not use PSHE Association membership to state or imply such endorsement. Schools that wish to demonstrate their commitment to PSHE education can sign our School Charter for PSHE education or individual PSHE education teachers can apply to become a PSHE Association Chartered Teacher. Organisations that produce classroom resources for PSHE Education may consider applying for our Quality Mark.
- People who sign up for a concessionary membership are only able to benefit from the concessionary rate for their first year of membership. After this period ends, the member is no longer eligible for the reduced concessionary rate and subsequent renewals will be charged accordingly.
- All memberships last for a year from the date of confirmed payment unless otherwise stated. A month before membership expiry the membership contact/s will receive an email advising them that the membership is about to expire. The membership will be renewed after we have received notification that the member wishes to renew and we have confirmed payment.