The PSHE Association has been leading national efforts to improve the quality of PSHE education since 2006.
The PSHE Association (formally the PSHE Subject Association) was set up in 2006 to lead the national effort to improve the quality of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education and to raise its status in the curriculum. We are a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity, governed by a board of trustees and steered by an Advisory Council made up of current members.
Members are at the heart of everything we do. Membership subscriptions allow us to provide PSHE practitioners with advice, training and resources. We also represent member views to the Government and other national bodies in order to make the case for high-quality PSHE education for every child.
Our mission is to raise the status, quality and impact of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education and enable high-quality PSHE education teaching and learning for all children and young people.
We provide teachers and practitioners with:
- Dedicated advice, training and support by phone, email and face-to-face
- The latest news via regular email and social media updates. These cover the latest curriculum developments, new resources, upcoming events, CPD opportunities and changes to policy and legislation
- Access to an ever-growing library of downloadable resources including schemes of work, self-review tools and guidance on writing school policies. We produce resources ourselves and quality assure resources developed by others
- Access to high-quality CPD workshops and conferences
- The chance to join a community of over 12,000 professionals in a growing and influential professional movement, working together to ensure that all children and young people experience high-quality PSHE education
- Opportunities to play an active part in developing and promoting PSHE teaching and policy, for example through piloting new guidance and informing national policy development.
About the organisation
The PSHE Association is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of experienced educationalists and professionals from the business and voluntary sectors, and assisted by an Advisory Council of serving members.
Our membership is made up of teachers from all phases and sectors. We also have members who are PSHE education consultants, local authority advisers, academy chain PSHE leads, school nurses and from associated organisations.
With 12,000 individuals and schools in our community, we are a large and growing movement. Our members are key to developing a strategic vision for PSHE education and representing the views of the professional community to national policy makers.
The PSHE Association (formally the PSHE Subject Association) was founded in 2006 and is a company limited by guarantee and a membership organisation. Our Memorandum and Articles of Association can be downloaded here.
Annual reports and accounts
We conduct annual surveys of our members and subscribers to help us improve the support we provide, and to better understand the needs of the PSHE education community as a whole. An example recent annual member survey is available to download below: